Choosing a profile photo
You will find many guides in the Internet telling you how to choose your best profile photo. Be careful though. Some of these guides will encourage you to show off some skin, put on your flirty face etc. We say – it all depends on who you want to attract.
If you only care about the number of responses – this is probably a good idea for girls to go for a “my space shot”. This one is taken by yourself by holding your camera above your head to get a look-down angle. This way you can show off some boobs – and pop your lips to make a flirty face. Guys – if you care about the number of responses show off your abs and try to look as sexy as possible. These tips will get you the highest response rate – if this is what you care about. That will be good for those looking for casual sex too.
BUT, if you’re looking for quality relationships, these tips probably won’t help you. They will get you the quantity, but not quality. To get quality responses from people that are genuinely interested in you follow these tips:
- Use a recent photo – no one cares how you looked like on your prom if it was few years ago. Photos with current hair color, body size, amount of tan will work best for you.
- Look into the camera – this way you kind of make eye-contact with a person looking at the photo. We don’t have to emphasize how important eye-contact is, do we?
- Smile – natural smile is the most beautiful expression – use it well!
- Use a decent camera – if you have the opportunity, use at least a compact camera instead of a mobile phone camera. It makes a huge difference! If you can have your photo taken by a SLR camera – even better!
- Remember about light – too dark or too bright photos don’t look good. Natural sunlight will work best. If you can choose – take your picture rather in the afternoon than in the morning light. Afternoon sunlight is warmer and will make your skin look better.
- Be comfortable! – if you’re uncomfortable it will show on the photo. Make sure you as comfortable as you can be, smile, be happy with how you look like – and everything will be OK :)
If you want to boost your chances for quality contacts even more, add a photo that will serve as a conversation starter. This can be you doing something you like (hiking, riding a bike, traveling, playing an instrument etc.). This way you will help people start conversation with you and therefore you will get more quality responses.